How do I disable dimension marking for drawing by default?

Hi all

It's all in the title: I'm trying to find out if there is a way to disable the marking of dimensions for drawing in the 3D model by default.

Except that someone confirms to me that it's not possible for me to stop looking.

Thank you!

Hello

I'm not a pro in solidworks but I've known for quite some time, the only way for the dimensions not to appear in the 3d, you have to go to the display properties, click just once on the eye that appears in the toolbars at the top, and or uncheck the quote icon,  or go to the display drop-down menus then hide show see screenshots if attached.

I use SW 2018 SP4.

@+.

2020-03-18_115938.jpg

Hello

I'm not a pro in solidworks but I've known for quite some time, the only way for the dimensions not to appear in the 3d, you have to go to the display properties, click just once on the eye that appears in the toolbars at the top, and or uncheck the quote icon,  or go to the display drop-down menus then hide show see screenshots if attached.

I use SW 2018 SP4.

2020-03-18_120151.jpg

Hello

I use SW 2018 SP4.

2020-03-18_120220.jpg

Hello @A.R

Let go of the "" Enter ''           button      ;-) :-) :-)

4 Likes

Hello, This is not what Silver is asking for, we are talking about the drawing.

To think that by default the dimensions of a 3D are activated for drawing with automatic dimensioning, but if like me you only need 2-3 dimensions per part while it only proceeds a 20n it would indeed be nice to see the opposite effect and activate only the 2-3 dimensions you need.

Note that a piloted dimension does not have the same appearance (in gray and not in black by default in the MEP)

If that's right, I'm also interested but I gave up on this idea.

1 Like

Zozo attachments are different ;)

YES sorry,

You have to check on the dimension text and uncheck for the drawing directly in the 3d, but it doesn't work sorry, it bugs  ...@+.

But I tried something else:

You create your drawing by going through the view palette to your right and you uncheck design annotations and import annotations and it works.

There you have it... @+.

2020-03-19_171402.jpg

@AR

You can directly view your PDFs via Image Insert

Icon The postcard with sun and mountain

@+

Hello

You should be able to go to "system options" / "Drawings" and uncheck the line "By default, mark all part/assembly dimensions for import into drawings". From then on, not all new dimensions should be imported into the drawing. For existing parts, you have to go back to each dimension and uncheck "mark for drawing" via the context menu after selecting the dimension.

Kind regards

3 Likes

@d.Roger

My problem is not with the import of the dimensions of the model in the drawing, but during the creation of the 3D model when I dimension a sketch. I would like that by default, the dimensions are not marked for the drawing.

A priori it's not possible.

That's what I think too, even in style recording it doesn't work. and as I said above, if you have piloted and unpiloted sides you will have a color difference on the MEP side.

Hello

There must be something I don't understand.

1°) Dimension created with the option checked:

2°) Dimension created with the option unchecked:

I am well into the sketch of the 3D and this option influences whether or not the dimensions are marked for the drawing!!

On the other hand, I'm on SW2019.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello

As d.roger says, there is an option for this.

Either by default the dimensions are marked for drawing or not.

Runs on SW2017

Yannick