How to duplicate a sketch so that it is perfectly aligned with the first one

Hello everyone,

I'll want to duplicate a sketch from one plane to another plane that's parallel to the first one so that the copied sketch is perfectly aligned with the first one. Example two horizontal planes, one of which contains a sketch, a vertical axis (therefore orthogonal to the planes) which passes through a point of the sketch and I would like to find this same singularity on the copied sketch.

Currently I do a copy/paste which allows me to duplicate the sketch but the copied sketch is not projected on the same vertical axis, which forces me to use the move function but it is a bit of a hassle to realign the sketch in relation to my singularity (sketch point on vertical axis).

I think there is a trick or function that makes this easier but I can't find it. If anyone knows, thank you for your help.

I'm under slw 2014.

Yours sincerely

Master

Hello

can you give us a screen print of what you want or if not just use the "convert entities"  function Click on Convert entities Tool_Convert_Entities_Sketch.gif (Sketch toolbar) or on Tools > Sketching Tools > Convert entities

2 Likes

Look in my tutorial I duplicated my sketch, it should help a lot.

Hello Ac Cobra,

I actually just tested the "convert entities" function and it seems to fit perfectly with what I want to do, so thank you very much. I still send a test image that shows the principle of what I want to do (a sketch in plane 2 that I want to duplicate in plane 3 with the same positioning in relation to the vertical axis). Well, my drawing is more complicated but the principle is the same.

So thank you again and I'll try to take a close look at the function you told me.

Kind regards

Master

test_convertir_entite.jpg

I don't know what you're going to do next.
Another method is to keep a single sketch and change the starting plane of the function via the "From" tile:

Attached is the model (SW12): the sketch is on the 1 but the function starts from the plane 4.

Part1.SLDPRT
1 Like

Hello Stefbeno,

Thank you for this way of doing things or trick that I didn't know and that I'm going to test.

Kind regards

Master