How do you make several holes on a curve with the same point of convergence?

Hi all 

There you go, I have to carry out several material removals on a curve to place piezo sensors, however the sensors must have the same direction and the same point of convergence (center of the part). I wanted to know if you had a solution to carry out these removals of material so that they have the same point of convergence? 

Thank you 

An illustration to explain my problem. (Convergence point in grey and removal of material on the grey parts) 

capteur_piezo.png
1 Like

Are you looking for a repetition type function? 

1 Like

draws a sketch for the first sensor and then removal of material by revolution. draw the axis of the circle and then repeat the circle.

may the force be with you.

c1.jpg
3 Likes

Hello

nice your folder names; ) 

Personally I will make a 3D sketch, a concentric line with the cylindrical surface, removal of swept material with select circular profile, and linear repeating + a circular.

1 Like

Finally, there is a simpler way, in your case the orientation is already defined by these cylinders on mother abdomen (?). If so, use the drilling assistance function, with the 3D sketch you place your concentric points at the end edges of these cylinders, the orientation is normal to the end surface of the cylinder.

2 Likes

Our friend @ OBI WAN gave you the right answer 

@+

1 Like

Thank you for your answers but it's more complex than that. I agree with Obi Wan when the center of your circle is the same as the one of convergence, however in my case the center of the "mother abdomen" circle where there are the piercings is not the same as the center of convergence of the piercings. 

In addition, I have to have an orientation in several directions for the piercings that are not centered...

I'm stuck.. XD 

Thank you for your help 

Apart from making a 3D sketch, I don't see.o

Edit: From a 3D sketch, make straight lines corresponding to the trajectories of the holes on the first row seen from the side, create a straight line corresponding to an axis of revolution common to them, measure the angle between the first and the last drilling, make an extrusion scan of one of these lines, make a revolution according to the common axis and the angle measured. Your first row is done, now make a 3D sketch again, make straight lines corresponding to the trajectories at each end and measure the angle, then make a revolution according to the angle measured. You can link the angular value of patterns to sketch dimensions from the equation management window.

And where is your center of convergence?

Once defined you start from there 

and then you draw your lines and plan and repeat

@+

3 Likes

My point of convergence is the gray dot in the middle. It is located in the middle of the room but not in the center of the circle.  

A.Leblanc, I don't really see how to make your solution with your 3D sketch.  

so you start from there 

see attached file SW2012

@+

piece_repetition_circulaire_avec_trou_progressif.sldprt
2 Likes

2 photos to better understand my problems. The center of convergence of all circles is marked in red. 

Thank you 

vue_de_face_capteurs_piezo_li.jpg

2nd photo 

vue_dessus_capteurs_piezo_li.jpg