How to perfect this on soliwork a par with tutorial?

Hello

I want to improve in CAD software. I am currently learning on Soliwork 2011 with the tutorial advice but I feel like I am not moving forward. I would like to know if anyone will know another way.

Thank you

Fred

Hello

It all depends on what you want to get, what level you had before using tutroriels and what software you knew before you started on solidworks??

As far as training is concerned, there are plenty of choices, whether in the national education system or with private training (Axemble for example).

Kind regards

Bastien

Good evening

I advise you to practice by recreating objects that surround you that are more and more complicated and detailed as a self-taught person, with some help to understand certain functions on the internet. It's a very good way to progress, at least that's what I did for my part!

Roman

+1 @ Bastien and Romain for your answers

- I would add that Solidworks is a toolbox for several trades

Each profession has its own dedicated tools

The goal of the game is  to choose the right tool at the right time

to understand that it is by forging that one becomes a blacksmith

Tutorials on You Tube

there are max if you are able to redo them all

you don't + need to be trained you already have it

the SolidWorks forum also provides a lot of information

Search on You Tube (Persopolo Solidworks) among others 

@+ ;)

Nothing beats practice. the tutorials are especially good when you're stuck, but otherwise Solidworks is intuitive enough to move forward with the basics of drawing.

Thomas

You have to start making simple shapes

There is also the book "SolidWorks for Dummies".

But nothing replaces a good basic training (5 or 7 days I think) by a training and SolidWorks professional and then you have to practice hours and hours............

Of course, if you have any questions, so can we, we can help you on specific points.

solidworks_pour_les_nuls.jpg

Hello

I'll go back to my case, I started with the tutorials integrated into SW, this allows you to learn at least the basic functions (extrusion, material removal, etc...).

Then, use these functions on a daily basis to improve.

I recently needed to master the surface for a new position.

As a result, I did a lot of car modeling, I think this type of exercise is great for that.

And finally, after 3 years of using SW on my own, I did an advanced training not long ago and finally, even if I learned a few "tricks", I think my basics were pretty solid.

To sum up, learning on your own allows you to dig into the software, you spend maybe 10 minutes finding a function but at least, once you find it, you don't forget it:)

And finally the most important thing whatever the software is to be able to know the basic functions whether in volume or surface and then to adapt them to what you want to do.

Bastien

Hello

You can use your CAD for "leisure" or in the service of one of your passions...

Learn more here: http://www.lynkoa.com/actualites/cao-comment-se-perfectionner

Yves

A lot of good ideas have been given I think, personally to improve myself I got for two approaches a little different:

- the industrial axis, i.e . designing a complete tooling from a particular constraint, in short imagining for example how to assemble a car door knob for example, with each technical solution that I can imagine and then design them

- the pleasure axis, i.e . making on solidworks designs more focused on passion or pleasure by designing a ring or a car, in short putting myself in difficulty at the level of solidworks but by pulling myself thanks to my desire!