How to follow parts derived from a basic 3D that has multiple configurations

Hello, I made a 3D object that incorporates several parts and to illustrate that, let's say that I made a vehicle in a single 3D file that incorporates many other parts (wheels, engine, doors, etc...) and I made two different configurations for this vehicle, so to illustrate, We will say configuration 1: Sport model and Configuration 2: Trail model. You have to remember that the only difference between these configurations is the size of the rooms. Afterwards, I do the "insert in a new part" function on each part of my vehicle, then I make a manufacturing file with a plan for each part of my vehicle.

and that's where my problem lies... when I switch from one configuration to another on my 3D vehicle, well the derivative parts on the plans will not change, they will remain on a single configuration and will not move anymore and this, even in the "derivative part" document... its not moving...

let's imagine that I did "insert in a new part" under the "sport model" configuration, well the derived parts and therefore the visuals on the plan will remain on the sport configuration no matter if I select the trail configuration on my 3D vehicle ... Nothing is going to move 

I hope you will understand me

Hello

From what I understand, you have to use the configuration manager. You select your Sport configuration, and on each part, you right-click, configure the component. A table will open and you can set everything up from there.

I have a problem with the vocabulary used: you are talking about a 3D object that incorporates derivative parts.

What is the nature of the 3D object: asm or prt?
How do you make your derivative pieces?

2 Likes

Personally I think driveworks is more suitable 

for this job

Everything is in PRT and I start from a mother modalization from which I draw all the children 's parts

I didn't know Drive Work ... I will look into it;)

All in all, it's going to be complicated.
I think it would be easier to switch to assembly, which is much simpler and more reliable to manage configurations.

2 Likes