How to make a decal on a surface

Hello

In order to gain in part size, I want to inlay a decal that recalls a series of slotted holes. Indeed, the fact of actually making the slotted holes on the sheet metal generates a large amount of entity, which gives me a part that is much too large. I wanted to know if it was possible to copy an image on a given area to make it look like oblongs (see P.J) (photo to be put on the blue area)

Thank you

a.png

Hello

It's in the same place as to assign a color to the room, except it's a texture

Hello

I guess this is to make a unfold and have the oblongs on the dxf or dwg.

To do this, you can create a config with all the details of the oblongs and use it only to create the dxf or dwg. Or you can insert the oblongs directly into the dxf or dwg file.

This allows the simple version of the part to be kept for insertion into assemblies, etc.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Is there a texture that looks like slotted holes? or should you create your own texture (if so, how do you do it?)

Thank you

yes remrem, that's exactly it...

So I create a config with all my holes and another lightened one?

Do you think that with this technique the file will be less heavy?

Can you send us your piece?

What version are you in?

I'm currently trying...

(SW2014)

tolegspo-080a-1_pour_assemblage.sldprt

My file with the config weighs 2.6mb compared to 1.3mo for the one you posted.

Otherwise you can edit your DWG directly

tolegspo-080a-1_pour_assemblage_1.sldprt

There you go. It weighs only 0.6MB...

tolegspo-080a-1_pour_assemblage_1.sldprt

Thank you remrem,

I take a look and I tell you...

Yes Applying an appearance is the lightest

but you can also to gain file size

only repeat  faces

you create an oblong and you only select the faces of this oblong that you repeat at will

It's quite impressive in terms of file size

@+ ;-))

take the test and give us the results, you'll surprise more than one ;-))

2 Likes

you also have these 2 tutorials

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/photoview-360-apparences-et-decalques

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-et-les-repetitions-avec-arrete-circulaire-juillet-2014

Happy reading

@+ ;-))

thank you Gt22 I'm looking...

Remrem, your solution is made using a repetition in an area and it doesn't correspond to what I want to do, the oblong area is well defined and doesn't do all the sheet metal.

I look at all this...

Since the oblongs were not even present in the file you published. I drew oblongs but obviously it doesn't correspond to what you want to do. Since I cannot know what the exact role of this play is...

The goal is to validate a way of proceeding and not to make you a ready-to-use part...

1 Like

Heard remrem,

Obviously you couldn't know what I wanted to do, I'm just saying that the rehearsal made in this way doesn't suit my piece.

Thank you

You also have this tutorial that will allow you to better understand repetitions in general

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/les-repetitions-sous-solidworks

What makes our lives easier

@+ ;-))

1 Like

Thanks to you gt22..

I look....