How to render with water on photoview 360 (Solidworks 2011)?

Let me present my problem to you. I have to make a rendering of a fence half going into the water.

The water must be transparent so that the fence can be seen through it.

Unfortunately in the renderings I try to make, you can't see through it and the texture of the water is not very similar.

I work on solidworks 2011 pro. Is there an expert in rendering/adjustments?

Thank you.

You have to play with the transparency of the water 

show the image and the settings you make

See these tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4lOpNWTR6s

1 Like
Thank you for responding quickly. I watched the tutorial. But actually I use Photoview 360 directly in Solidworks 2011. In the tutorial, it looks more intuitive, more complete. I'll try to put some pictures on Monday at work. I specify that I have an assembly (a fence and a cube of water).

Good evening

In the appearance folder there are several water textures. Haven't found what you're looking for?

Do you apply a water texture to the room or just an appearance?

http://help.solidworks.com/2010/french/SolidWorks/pworks/LegacyHelp/PhotoWorks/Appearances/Appearance_Folders.htm?id=a6b8129593fb4c719bb0226ba0c0a0f1

In the end I'm going to settle for RealView images.

As soon as I want to make a rendering, solidworks mills without result.

But thanks to your answers, I was able to play with transparency and brightness.

These are things that I didn't master at all.

Here is a little photo to show you an overview of my work.

Thank you

vue_densemble.jpg
1 Like

if I may

reduce the size of your stones, they are a bit big for my taste ;-)

and tried to make them the same size

puts a blue for the water with a transparency

To better visualize the float line it is not easy to see that the level of the fleet is nonlinear (wave)

in inter and exter of the baccalaureate

which of + is your float should I think be about the same percentage for the submerged part  

@+ ;-)