How do you make a sloped half moon?

Hello

After several tries and a search for a solution in vain, I explain my problem to you.

I want to model on SW a kind of sloping half-moon... See the image.

What solution do you propose to me?

Thank you in advance.

Cdlmt,

1 Like

Hello, nothing could be simpler. You make a rectangular sketch. Then a helix sketch. You do a sweep, finally a removal of material to have the base flat.

Kind regards

Attached is a photo to get a little idea;)

capture.jpg
2 Likes

See this link among others

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/mod%C3%A9lisation-volumique-3d/chemin-de-came

If you read the communication thread you will have your answer

@+ ;-)

4 Likes

Hello 

To put it simply, I would have drawn my half moon on the front like in your photo and given it a fake thickness and then removed the material using the face perpendicular to that of the half moon giving it the shape you wanted.

3 Likes

+1 gt22

1 Like

Thank you for your answers.

ac cobra 427: This solution does not correspond to the reality of the part because the part imposes an angle of rotation. It was my 1st idea too...

G.: It seems ideal and very simple, but I'm drying up on the removal of material... Do you give an angle to your sketch?

Here's where I am...

capture.jpg

your half-moon is 180°

what is the elevation (high level - low level)

You rotate 180° so the pitch of your spiral helix sketch must be 2 times the height of your elevation

see attached file SW 2012

@+ ;-)

piece_amoury.sldprt
3 Likes

Thank you very much for the help given!!

I managed to make the desired shape!! GT22 sending the file helped me a lot!

I now attack the counterform of the 1/4 turn.

Using sketch-on-sketch projection, you can use a depth (off-plane sketch), if you want to dimension an angle you can create a construction sketch that determines the offset of a plane, or use two perpendicular planes to make both of your sketches.