How do you close a corner in a solidworks sheet metal part?

Hello

I have designed a sheet metal part on SolidWorks and I want to close the corner.

This operation is impossible for me.

Thank you.

Hello

I think that the corner cannot be closed simply because in reality, once the tube has been laser cut and welded like your model, we have this "empty corner"

2 Likes

just go to the welding and grinder workshop ;-)

It's quite normal that you end up with this type of cut at this angle

http://www.guillot-pelletier.fr/laser-tube.html

@+

2 Likes

Hello

In the function on you used to create your folds there is an option "Adjust the side folds" or something like that. If you uncheck the box in your functions, what does it look like???

Hello

I managed to do this with a body of revolution by making the sketch on the indicated side; but it won't come out on the unfolded.

capture.png

Here is the file in SW2015

coin_ferme.sldprt

Hello

I think you should ask him to weld your corners, in simple fold I don't think you can "close" them.

Hello

Indeed in reality these corners should be blocked by the weld, but it seems to me that for galvanized steel you have to leave openings for the degassing of this treatment.

2 Likes

Hello

What is the purpose of having the closed corner???   Because I think that in your unfold of the will not have this opening so your piece does not reflect the final reality. If you edit the function of your unfolded state1 and you uncheck the corner processing box, the expansion will reflect reality, but this box is checked automatically and why only the guys at Solidworks know...

1 Like