How to insert data from a tube on a PEM

Hello

I just finished an assembly with elements made with the Piping module.

I move on to the drawing of these tubes for the subcontractor. The subcontractor needs X, Y, Z and (bending) radius coordinates. This information can be found in "Export Pipe/Tube Data".

The only impropriety is that this data is in HTML or TXT format.

Is it possible to automatically insert this data into a table when creating the drawing (which is done automatically by "piping drawing")?

I am on SW 2011 premium

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hello

Maybe make a macro that puts the HTML or TXT info on an Excel table, then copy that table into a drawing. To be tested.

Thomas

Hi Orval

See these links

http://www.smap3d.com/download/Smap3D_Plant_Design_en.pdf

http://www.smap3d.com/Piping/en/Demo-films.html

@+ ;-)

@Tomalam

Alas, this is likely to end up with the development of a macro.

I would like another solution. example: a BOM (or Excel file) that fetches data from properties. I guess the piping/tube data is stocked somewhere in SW.

@gt22

It is dedicated to large piping systems. I'm more modest. I work with copper tubes

Thank you for your answers

Hello

It is possible to make a txt (see image) of this data and therefore to import it into an excel and therefore to put the excel file in a drawing.

@+

tuyau.jpg
1 Like

Hello

yes Coyote I know.

This is the first solution considered. But it takes a long time to implement.

Is it possible to "automate" this procedure (by macro or other)?

I have several plans to make!!!!

Unfortunately no direct solution in Solidworks, the Coyote solution remains for me the simplest.

After to automate this I think that by macro it is quite feasible, you would need a macro that exports all the routing subsets in TXT, which then opens the TXTs in Excel to pass them in XLS format then opens the routing plan in solidworks and inserts the Excel file has a defined coordinate.

I don't hide the fact that I wouldn't know how to develop this macro but I think that a person with an API should be able to do it.

After I also think that we have to see the final bu of this manipulation, indeed if the goal is for a person to be able to produce the lines on a bending machine it is likely that it does not advance him much to have just a pdf of the drawing with the coordinate table, To see but some bending machine via import software save this managed alone using formats like PCF, DXF or IGES ... it should therefore be inquired directly at the workshop.

3 Likes