How do you link archiving/extraction to workflow?

Hello

To avoid errors/omissions in my workflow I would like that at the time of archiving, the state of the part is automatically changed from "valid" to "in modify", or that the extraction is done via this same change of state.

I want to avoid that we can reassemble a modification without noticing it and therefore use an unapproved modified part, and therefore that a modification (extraction or archiving) triggers a change of state.

Is this possible?

Hello

Feasible with dispatch actions normally. In the administration, scroll down the "Complement" tree, then right-click on Dispatch and then click on "Manage actions". On the other hand, this will require you to perform the operations from Windows Explorer and not from Solidworks (limitation of this tool).

Finally I locked this problem via the workflow

When a part is in the "Valid" state it cannot be extracted and therefore cannot be modified, its state must be changed to "in modify" so that it can be extracted and modified.

workflow.png

Finally I locked this problem via the workflow

When a part is in the "Valid" state it cannot be extracted and therefore cannot be modified, its state must be changed to "in modify" so that it can be extracted and modified

1 Like