How do you flatten a twisted beam with the sheet metal module?

Hello

It's all in the title, let go, I'm still looking. The objective is to know the lengths of sheet metal (3mm thick) needed to make this part (stair railing).

Oddly, I was forced to go through surface functions to make my part, the smoothing of the volume  function did not make me a hollow part.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Here is attached the 3D file, and sorry for the spelling mistakes.

rampe_descalier_3d.sldprt

Hello

Look at it with this tutorial you should get there... In principle, it's the same...

mise_a_plat_de_surface_helicoidale.pdf
1 Like

Here is the fold-out piece but it is not hollowed out because otherwise it no longer unfolds. You have to make configurations that I do for you too. You will have to change the config for the folded and unfolded one... But your room doesn't have the same section everywhere...

rampe_descalier_3d_-_ac_cobra.sldprt
2 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your speed, your tutorial is great. I couldn't find a transition method to use sheet metal modules.

Indeed the sections are not regular, with the functions I used it would have been necessary to select the 4 twisted curves as guide curves. Thank you again for that observation.

Thank you for your 3D file, I will try to follow your tutorial and make the 2 configurations.

Kind regards

1 Like