How can we protect our creations?

Yes, you read that right.

I ask how we can protect our creations 

Any file posted on the site becomes public

therefore no protection or right for the inventor

@+............ Red ......... cap; -))

5 Likes

I seem to have read here that it was possible to be paid for certain conributions so to switch them to paid mode which is a kind of protection, for the challenge mode there are rewards.

But of course after more intellectual protection.

Maybe it's to be explored on the lynkoa side to remedy this.

1 Like

Hello

I understand your claim, but it's a forum for mutual aid and those who put files here, in order to help them, are aware that anyone who is registered, can download it, that's the purpose of mutual aid!!

3 Likes

The forum aims to help each other, but a challenge by definition there is a bit of competition... I think that if you don't want to have your ideas stolen, you have to publish them at the last minute! Or let lynkoa do something!

3 Likes
In short, you post you give
4 Likes

After that, you have to look at the whole part that governs copyright... The INPI can tell you about the principle of rights. In my opinion, it remains within the framework of intellectual property

2 Likes

You're like all of us here, on this forum because you need help ^^, at worst just photos if you're afraid for privacy, but being on a self-help forum brings with it this little risk;)

3 Likes
@gt22 You save with a password that you give in MP Finally that's possible on .rar
2 Likes

Hello

I think that the files posted under the forum do indeed fall into the public domain, so it is up to the contributor to manage the information he wishes to make available.

On the other hand, the question can be raised and asked for those who participate in the challenges, where there is a real added value that can lead to an intellectual property. Looking at the projects posted there are some damn good ideas!

Kind regards

8 Likes

Hello

I invite you to refer to the T&Cs:

http://www.lynkoa.com/cgu 

Here is an excerpt:

"The content and information you post on Lynkoa belongs to you, and you can control how we share your content, through privacy settings . Besides:

For any type of content protected by intellectual property rights, you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use the intellectual property content that you post on or in connection with Lynkoa (intellectual property license).

When you delete your non-paid content, that content is deleted in a manner similar to emptying a trash on a computer. However, you understand that deleted content may persist in backup copies for some time (but is not available).

When you delete your paid content, you agree that this content will remain available only to users who have already purchased it. However, this paid content will not be available to other users who have not made the purchase.

We appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding Lynkoa, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to pay (just as you have no obligation to communicate them to us)."

When you participate in a challenge, we mention that we need the CAD files, but you don't have to make them public. In any case, the winners will be contacted so that we can recover the files.

Here's what says below "downloadable files":

"Add the files downloadable by the author of the challenge. We advise you to upload rendering files to illustrate your project and/or eDrawing-type files."

2 Likes

I understand you Gt22

I also have this problem with some customers. They ask me for a plan to validate their design, or even ask me for a site study, and then in the end, you don't hear from them anymore

They left with the plans to go elsewhere.

I looked for ways to lock or delete plans or other after a certain date, but I couldn't find anything.

For those who are plans, I put a kind of watermark with the name of my company on my backgrounds.

It's not much, but it's already there.

Otherwise for the 3d, you should not send your Sw models, but light files or 3D pdf files.

Afterwards, of course, any idea presented to the general public is likely to be plagiarized!

Except for wealthy people who can afford royalties at will!

Don't worry, when you're famous Gt22, you'll be copied, but you can turn around ;)

Finally, it's true that being copied is annoying, but shouldn't it be taken as a compliment?

Those who want my Chopper of Death, go ahead! =)

a+

A hat

Red...........

2 Likes

@Bart

You can generate your plans in PDF and lock it even with a date :-)

There is always a way to protect your solutions, or at least to complicate life for people who want to steal ideas...

1 Like

as the law of Lynkoa allows I take the points

@gt22

The law allows it, but for abuses, I'm there to restore order and subtract points if necessary.

@ Clementine I prefer not to answer ;-))

Thank you

@+ ...................... and from + to + Red Beanie