How to make a thread

Hi, I made a thread on an edge and I would like to start from this thread made the thread on the second one in order to assemble them and master in nouvement. Thank you for your help

You have made the thread with a sweep material removal function to represent the thread and you want to "simulate" the screwing in a tapped hole, right?

I will redo the tapping by copying the sketch of the threading.

To set the motion in motion, you use the "helical" constraint and then you manage the movement with Animation.

If you can send us the final result, I'm interested! Thank you  ;-)

Hello

I recap in French.

I made a thread on an apre, and I would like to use this thread to tap the second piece, in order to assemble them and set them in motion. Thank you for your help.

If I understand correctly, here's what you need to do:

• Sweep the other part to make the tapping
  • In your assembly, you use the mechanical stress function, "helical"

Friendships

1 Like

Hello

-Assembly of the 2 parts by pivot

-Create a dot on the cylindrical surface of the screw

-Match the point of the screw with the trajectory of the thread helix.

1 Like

I like this solution too! (even if the new advanced helical stress does the same thing)

Hello

Precisely with the Helical constraint, I don't see the point of making a real thread unless it's a special thread.

And a little thing @chaslesse, on which software do you want to do this, we all answered in relation to SolidWorks but is that really what you didn't specify...

@+

2 Likes

@Coyote: Let's say it wants to show the assembly at this exact location. It's better to have a "real" representation.

Afterwards, it's sure that if it's just to show a screw turning, a representation of threading, tapping and helical stress largely suffice.

1 Like

Select a question (and your own at that) as an answer... original!