How to perform a static simulation of a mechanism in Catia V5?

Hello

I have a mechanism with a cylinder at the entrance, connecting rods in pivot links, and a clamp at the outlet of this mechanism. I would like to know what force is available to the gripper according to the input force given by the cylinder?

It looks like the Schradder clamp (I've already seen a few tutorials), but this is not kinematics but statics. 

Do you have any clues please to do this with Catia V5 (parts and linkages are ok, but then put a force in the input and find the force at the end of the mechanism, I don't know how to do it)..

Kind regards.

Moselle Marius

1 Like

Hello

On Catia, I don't have the answer. But if you know how to do kinematics, it is enough, a priori, to take the force in the desired position of the gripper.

On the other hand, if you have a diagram of your mechanism, it seems to be the kind of problem that can be easily managed by hand.

Good evening

How to take it STP? I don't see any icons to do it after launching the simulation on kinematics DMU!!

So I have some news: http://edumeca.free.fr/dotclear/index.php?2013/05/09/66-simulation-statique-d-un-mecanisme

There is a macro to use on a wired model of Shradder clamp but I just couldn't find where to enter the master&slave parameters in Catia...

This macro would generate an excel with the slave parameter that we are trying to simulate.

We can then construct a slave curve=f(master).

If you find I'll take it!

Hello

It's feasible in static but:

A screenshot would be used^^

Did you fix a room?

Is it an assembly?

What type of force do you apply?

@++