How do I recover an extracted assembly on another computer that no longer exists?

I'm working on an assembly that I've been extracting for some time on another computer. It tells me that I was the one who extracted it but on another computer but I can't do anything with it. How can I recover it on my current computer?

2021-05-31_13h22_33.png

Hello

If the computer really doesn't exist anymore you can't :-( . To free the file, you have to cancel the extraction in admin.
In the best case you can retrieve the latest version, archive and start from it.

Your attached image is not the right one I think.

It's not very encouraging but I'll find another solution.

Indeed, this is not the right image:)

2021-06-08_09h05_24.png

As said above, there is no miracle solution.

To free the extraction, you have to do it in admin but loss of the assembly on the other computer.

Otherwise, get the assembly out of the box on the other computer or a copy if it is possible to have it. Delete the assembly from the vault, put the copy in the same place with the same name, and archive it. Most of the time we retrieve the links. but on the other hand loss of all the PDM history.

It's still a hack, and the solution of breaking the extraction in admin and redoing the work remains the cleanest compared to the PDM database.

3 Likes

Thank you Julien, that's exactly what I did... simpler and everything is back to normal.