How to Recover a Lost License of Solidworks 2016 from a .blockchain-infected hard drive

Hello

my PC having solidworks as well as its license was attacked by a virus so loss of license and change of hard drive

How to Retrieve a License

Hello

See http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/1090_FRA_HTML.htm#My_hard_drive_died_If_I_didnt_deactivate_transfer_the_software_license_will_I_be_able_to_reinstall_the_product_and_reactivate_it, especially question no. 22.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the info

But my PC went for repair and the hard drive is going to be changed, and currently I'm trying to reinstall it on another PC because I have an urgent job to do, and the problem will rest because the machine ID will change because the disk will have been changed

Yours sincerely

Hello, if not, see directly with your dealer by explaining the situation, maybe he will be understanding!! at worst you send him your old hard drive, will he dare to start it!?

:)

Kind regards

5 Likes

Normally by opening a ticket at your reseller, it shouldn't be a problem: he will release the old license, when you install your workstation, you will have to validate (it's done automatically). For the transfer to the permanent position, it is sufficient to transfer the license.

In troubleshooting, you can always work in a trial version, it's valid for 30 days.

4 Likes

Thank you 

for the info