How to put the ALT center selection feature back into Composer

Hello

I'm currently using Composer 2015 and to create a polyline from the center of a cylinder you have to select "polyline" and hold "ALT". The function jumped for no reason and I don't know where to redefine the ALT key function in composer.

Thank you for your help,

Yann

Hello

It's not an option, it's hard in the "Author" functions by the way, when you take the Polyline function or other (arrows, ...) it writes it at the bottom in the dialog box.

On the other hand, in the Polyline function for the cylinders, there is no need for ALT selection to catch the center, you just have to approach the center of one of the flat faces of the cylinder to get to the center.

@+

Thank you for your answer, despite this my problem is not solved.

Cylinder centers are not automatically selected: whether with ALT or without

When Polyline is selected there is indicated at the bottom left of my screen: "Designate points or curves (with "ALT") then press "END" to finish" but it doesn't work.

But when I press the ALT key, letters appear to flow from one tab to another. (photo attached)

If this situation rings a bell, please let me know,

Yann

sans_titre.png

Re

I also see the letters under the menus, but the ALT works to select curves. At home I repeat myself but when I approach the center of the flat face of the cylinder, my cursor snaps to the middle and the pointer which is by default yellow becomes red.

I have never changed the system options.

@+

Edit: maybe your cylinder isn't really one??

Hello Yann, you should have looked in tools- System options -Sketch- Relationships/likement.

Maybe you came across a shortcut that unticked a love?!

Kind regards

@G.M., we're talking about SolidWorks Composer, not SolidWorks.

Thank you for your answers,

The issue has been resolved, it was a corruption of the composer registry.

To modify the Composer registry you must run the regedit command on your computer and change the name of your registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Dassault/Composer

Yann

2 Likes