How do you make a dynamic chain in a solidworks assembly?

Hello

I designed a cable chain via a sketch and a repetition of links as proposed in the 3rd example of the following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrEIHjZ3Qgs

I get a dynamic chain but when I insert my subassembly into my final assembly, it is no longer dynamic.... How should we proceed?

In the video, we see that the sketch is defined as a part ("chain sketch as part" in its construction tree). Is this the reason? I didn't understand how to do it...

thank you for your help

Hello

If I understood your problem correctly, just make your sub-assembly flexible in the main assembly like these.

3 Likes

Hello

@ac cobra's solution is the right one: we can't say better ;-)

However, with the flexible function you have to be wary, because all the subsets you have (if you have several) have to be made flexible.
For example, you make a garage door with hinged shutters (one sub-assembly) and then something that pulls (another sub-assembly) on the door, all being operated by your chain (which is another sub-assembly.
So in this case it is the 3 dynamic subsets that we have to make flexible. On the other hand, the uprights and other static sub-assemblies will remain rigid.

In fact, it depends on how you built your assembly in a single block or with several sub-assemblies.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Thank you to both of you for your answers... I test...