How do I know WHERE my sketch is under stress?

Hello community!

I'm looking for the sketch diagnostic tool that would allow me to know what the degree of freedom of my sketch is...

It appears all black, but there is a small (-) next to it in the tree, and SW indicates it as "Understressed". But I don't see where! Is there a tool that allows you to highlight the free element?

SolidWorks 2017, Windows 10.

Thank you in advance for your help.

esquisse_sous-contrainte.png

Hello Irenée

Two solutions: either you ask the software to automatically constrain it to you (but I hate it because it never does what I want),  or you do like me, namely the bully method.

I save then I shoot under all the junction points and in general in less than two minutes I find.

In your case as your part is simple and must be made in revolution I predict without certainty that it is your two small 20° chamfers on your diameter 67 or at the level of your groove of 3mm It is often in the small details that the constraints are forgotten ;-)
The side lines that pass over an unconstrained blue line and bam, you don't see it (putting order in the dimensions saves a lot of research).

If I have a bad pickaxe, tell me ;-)

Kind regards

3 Likes

I am totally constrained with these ribs. To check for verticals, horizontals and coincidences.

Edit: in 2018 SP5

1 Like

In the bully method, you can also pull on your sketches and when it moves , you cancel the last action and you constrain.

3 Likes

Hello

I can bet that it's the axis line very often we make a line to dimension but we don't put a length.

May the force be with you

6 Likes

Hello

Look down the 3mm hill; Where it is hung, there is a blue thing that is not constrained

5 Likes

what an eye!

1 Like

Yes Ac cobra ;-) that's what I said too that or the little chamfer Ø 67

We didn't pay much but we have a lot of fun with these little rebuses   (hihihihi)

2 Likes

It's to avoid this kind of hassle that I recommend simple sketches (so in this case, make a certain number of them, it's true).

For the axis line, now I put it in infinite length, it avoids having to look for it when it's hidden under another line.

1 Like
Hello
Wow, all that!! Thank you for your answers!
Well, unfortunately we can't put several answers as the best...
I pulled the junction points, and I indeed came across a missing vertical on the groove by 3mm. The mole's eye !!
I always pay attention to the axes, so it was indeed not that, even if it is often the case.
Thank you all for the solutions! I come from Invent**, so I need to get my bearings again;)