How to work with others on the same assembly

Hi everyone

Do you know how to make sure that several people can work on the same assembly at the same time and that everyone can save their changes?

Thank you

Hello

I don't think it's possible unless you work on different subsets! It's a Windows limitation.

Publishing: do you have a PDM? Enterprise or Workgroup or are they files on the network?

1 Like

In fact I found this:

Collaboration Options

Specify the options for a multi-user environment.

To set collaboration options:

See more:

1. 1. Click Options   (Standard toolbar) or Tools, Options.

2. 2 . Select Collaboration.

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_OPTIONS_COLLABORATION.htm

3 Likes

Hello

I know that on Creo it is possible to work on a different part of an assembly at the same time with the help of a skeleton.

It is a kind of room that lists the landmarks of the correctly positioned sub-assemblies, the distances and the functional volumes.

On Solidworks, this may have another name...

1 Like

.PL, thank you I'm watching...

Hello You need a manager (human or software).

Working with several people on different parts belonging to the same assembly does not pose a PB.

Each one saves only these parts.

If there is no name change at the next opening, we see the changes.

This is where a handler comes in handy: sending messages, check-in, check-outs

But working with several people on an assembly (e.g. modifying constraints, adding parts) is the last one who records who overwrites the work of the others.

Edit:

If you're not afraid of the Cloud, you can try 

Grabcad Workbench

It's free and there are the main features for it.

Synchronization, rights management, file lock unlock, viewer, etc)

In addition, since no version is deleted, there is no risk of losing your job. (unless you don't save it).

1 Like

Hello

We use the multi-user environment (See @.PL's post).

This allows you to leave files to write (right-click on the component and "Get write access" and let it be written to other users, right-click on the component and "Read Only").

You can also "Reload" to access the changes saved since opening.

For the open file, go to the "File" menu and you will find the same commands.

I would also like to warn. Because the use is tedious and sometimes has random reactions.

We are two users and often we are forced to close the file completely to let us have the upper hand.

But we never had any data loss or unaccounted for changes.

1 Like

Thank you remerem, but I can't find how to set up this MULTI-USER system?

Do you right click on the assembly or on each part? because I don't see "Get write access" appear. 

So you have the files in read-only.

This works of course for parts and assemblies. however not possible on multiple selections.

1 Like