Compatibility with WINDOWS 10

Hello

Currently a user of SOLIDWORKS 2014 SP4 on Windows 8.1, I wanted to know if anyone knew anything more

Regarding the transition to Windows 10 which will be done soon. Will the software still be functional or will there be compatibility problems?

(Like the switch from windows 8 to 8.1 which prevented some versions from working due to registry problems)

Thank you

Personally, I would recommend the use of Solidworks with Windows 10...

I'll wait a little while for windows 10 to prove itself before rushing headlong into the upgrades.

3 Likes

Indeed

Windows 10 has been in Beta for a while, so I'm very curious to know what the final version will offer. My fear is always the same that the software will no longer work. Initially, I was running on the 2014 SP0 version and the switch to windows 8.1 had already asked me to update to SP4, which required me to transfer the whole library and what came next.

2 Likes

The 2014 Sp4 version is very good.

Nothing prevents you from continuing to work on Windows 8.1 while waiting for the final version of Windows 10.

Hello

Solidworks is not communicating on this for the moment.

I installed SW2015 on my personal pc in Windows 10. It works. On the other hand, without intensive use of SW, I can't really say if it allows you to work in production conditions.

FYI:

In order to install SW on Windows 10 you need to install Net Framework 3.5

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPtw66oj5EQ

1 Like

Following this morning's SOLIDWORKS communication regarding WXindows 10

SOLIDWORKS and Windows 10 support

Following Microsoft's Announcement to release Windows 10 on July 29, 2015, the SOLIDWORKS plan for supporting Windows 10 (subject to change) is as follows: 

Windows 10 SOLIDWORKS Supported Editions

• Windows 10 Pro (64 bit only)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise (64 bit only)

SOLIDWORKS Support Schedule (All Products, All languages)

• SOLIDWORKS 2015: SP5
  • SOLIDWORKS 2016: SP0 (SOLIDWORKS 2016 Beta 2 and SOLIDWORKS PDM Beta 3 will include Beta level support for Windows 10)

EXCLUSIONS:

• Windows 10, 32 bit is not supported
  • Windows 10 will not be supported for SOLIDWORKS 2014 and prior releases

NOTES:

Join the discussion on this subject in the Professional Channel Community Here...

This plan is subject to change and any deviations will be communicated through a Tech Alert, PCC posting and as always the System Requirements page.

Attached is a screenshot of a SOLIDWORKS newsletter received this morning, apparently SOLIDWORKS 2015 Sp5 will be compatible with Windows 10 Pro (64-bit only) and Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit only)
This is subject to change
Happy reading

Mick

w10.png
1 Like

Hello.

Having tried full days with the final version of W10 and SLW 2015, I strongly advise to wait until the problems are resolved. Machine extremely slowed down in use of solidworks, crashes + frequent than on W7 and lots of annoying details: task scheduler that doesn't work...