Nestingworks Add-in - Error Message

Hello

I modeled a 4-sided sheet metal stringer that unfolds well when I open NESTINWORKS to

The nesting of a message appears, does anyone know this "problem"?

See attached files

Sincerely, Pierre

message_nestingworks.jpg

Hello

I think it's because it's a piece. Have you made any 4 piece sheet metal screw configurations?

4-piece screw? I don't get it

At the normal nestingworks takes into account the sheet metal part in full- all unfolded-

except that there is not, with this message

Dsl autocorrector, your parts! That's normal, you have ONE  part with four sheet metal bodies and I don't think NestingWorks handles multi-bodies...

From everything I've seen, it handles assemblies, and parts but not multi-bodies.

yes, when I ask Nestingworks, if, multi-body parts, it asks for an assembly

And the procedure continues, except that there is not, why?

What way to "cheat on" if there is one?

in any case thank you very much, Pierre

Good evening Pierre32  ;-)

The art of chewing is useful in sheet metal work (and especially elsewhere) but it doesn't seem to please him.

Could you post your piece so that we can see if something catches our eye.

Kind regards

1 Like

Well my without it's normal, in an assembly there are parts with ONE sheet metal function, so he knows which function unfolded but in a multi-body part with several sheet metal functions he doesn't know how to manage anymore...

1 Like

Hello

attached is the file of the silt

limon_debillarde.sldprt

I found a solution, I first made all the unfolded sheets - of the 4 sides of the stringer - and then opened Nestingworks and there "miracle" all the unfolded sheets are present for nesting,

whew!!!!   - see attachment -

PS: still looking for the SW add-in to create a CN file send it

at Plasmatome, "by hearsay" SolidNEST, who to contact?, I made a request on the site, no news, what is its price? Anyone have an idea?

nestingworks_ok.pdf
2 Likes

Well done, I hadn't thought to do the 4 unfolded in the room. Since they are there, NestingWorks no longer bugs to search for them...   ^_^

1 Like

Thank you all