SW add-in to send CNC file to a plasma cutter

Hello

I would like to know what complement for SW, coupled with Nestingworks it takes to send to a plasma?

Thank you Pierre

Hello

What do you want, an add-in that generates a cutting program or just a file that the operator will have to retrieve from the server to program it?

Hello

Yes I want a supplement that generates a cutting program for a B25 plasmatome - num 1040

Hello Pierre32

To be more successful in your request you should tell us what type of file should be sent to the machine. (direct DXF or other) because there is also the Nestingworks optimization software (Solidworks addon) which places the parts in an optimal way but which probably has to send several types of files because of its nesting with SW.

If you don't know, you can ask the company SAF which is the manufacturer of this machine which must be from around 2009.

Kind regards

@tous is the nesting software https://camworks.com/nestingworks/

1 Like

I need to submit a G-code or ESSI file

Hello Pierre 32

G-code or ESSI  codes are not part of the SolidWorks capabilities.

Maybe Nestinkworks generates these codes to have to do with them.

It is not excluded that there is a mill: either at the exit of Nestinworks or at the input of the machine to generate the code in question.

You should get closer to the machine manufacturer or the machine doc, it must be the beu a BA for them ;-).

Is the machine at your home or at your subcontractor's?

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you all,

The PLASMA is in a workshop with which I subcontract, for the moment I send with GGcam, it works but no nesting, that's why with SW2016 "I'd like"

Do everything!!

apparently Camworks "only does machining", is it just a "story" of post-pro integrated into SW?

What is the goal, because it is up to the oxycutter to optimize its panoply and it can open the dwg or dxf; These are basic exchange formats....

1 Like

Otherwise you have this too ...

1 Like

I don't send dwg-dxf to plasma -by the way I don't know if it's possible- but G-code-post-pro Burny files that he converts into his own language,

what I want is to be able to do everything with SW being, am I clear?

thank you again

I do programming, doesn't your subcontractor have programming software? Because with it, it generates a range of parts for the optimization of sheet metal and the parts in this interface are called in dxf-dwg or other format.

imbrication.jpg
2 Likes

I'm surprised by the demand.
Usually, for everything that is cut (laser, water jet, plasma, punching) we send a dxf/dwg and it's the subcontractor who makes his sauce.
Imagine that tomorrow your subcontractor changes machine or that you change subcontractor: you have to do it again. If there is a problem with the price, I'm not sure it's profitable given the price of a post-processor (the G-code generator). Especially since before releasing the G-code, you have to do the nesting and it can vary depending on the sheet metal formats supplied.

1 Like

Hello Pierre32

As I indicated, SW only makes parts and to different output files , mostly DXF and STEP, because often the downstream software of Solidworks can work directly with native Solidworks files such as the NestingWorks software

So to answer clearly and definitively NO solidworks cannot answer your request.

I think that my colleagues' remarks are very relevant that I could summarize brutally, but simply, it's up to the subcontractor to manage it, it's his job or ......

Kind regards

1 Like