Smart Component on SW

Hello everyone,

Small problem with the smart components, here is my problem:

I created a smart component (door) with a material removal that is created when I make my door a smart component in the assembly, here "door" assembly + a "test" panel.

That's where my problem comes in.

My material removal is created in the part file of the "test" panel and not only at the assembly level as I would like, the part file is therefore affected and the material removal is created at the level of the repetition of the component in the assembly as well as in all the files where it is located.

I would like to know if it is possible not to affect the original file and make sure that the removal of material is done only at the assembly level on only the chosen component as if it were an assembly function that I did not propagate to the part file.

If there was a solution for this, thank you in advance for your help.

Good afternoon.

capture.jpg

Hello, yes it's possible,

You have to create a configuration with this removal of material, then fill in this configuration whenever you want.

1 - Create a configuration (example: with hole)

2- Right click on your removal function, and select "Configure the function"

3- select in your different parts the configuration either "default" or "with hole"

and that's it!

2 Likes

If you make a component intelligent, so with a star and you insert it into a part or assembly, the intelligent functions will react

If you don't want it to interreact, you have to take the component without its smart functions or remove these smart functions

See this tutorial http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/composants-intelligents

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

In fact, we can get around it, as Bart explains

but the principle of the intelligent function and creating the machining on the other parts

So if this principle doesn't suit you, you may need to use something else to create these assembly functions

Look at library features

6 Likes