Design of a slide with a cone

On the other hand, I have difficulty sizing to have a spacing between 23mm and 36mm. Either I have the right angle of inclination but not the right width, or the other way around

Hello

Post your ASM with all the coins using the "pack and GO" feature.

I'm going to look with the coins at the right odds because in my example I didn't know your odds.

To pluche

Here is my assembly with what I was able to do but my problem is that the spacing does not respect the 23mm and 36mm center distance (the 23mm yes but I can't spread up to 36mm

montage_carter_et_coinceur.sldasm

Good evening

Your file is unusable because there are no parts that make up the ASM

As I already told you in my previous post

You have to use the File ==> Pack and go function   ==> attach all the pieces

Kind regards

1 Like

That's what I did, I did it again with a .zip I think it will work better 

montage_carter_et_coinceur_a_boule.zip

It's ok to open the ASM I can see the pieces now.

On the other hand, you have construction defects on your "ball block" part but we'll talk about that later.

What is the problem you want to solve now???

Maybe you could tell us what the complete system will be used for and especially that it is the ultra-max dimension of the red part (plain crankcase). What is the expected strength of this part.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello 

For use, it is a nozzle that serves as a guide to fix an engine case on sliding shutter rails of variable shape and size. The shape of the red coin and the dimensions are already right. This end cap being inside the rail, the two slide blocks are just used to wedge themselves on the edges of the rail, which is why my problem is that the two blocks must be able to spread far enough (to respect the width of the largest rails). For the value of the spacing, the two blocks must be the same width as the red piece (23 mm) in the closed position and must have a maximum spacing of 36 mm (always at the end). My problem is that I can't size the two blocks so that they can deviate at the max value while respecting the min value. 

After the resistance since we are on a guide the forces will not be huge, it is just necessary that the gap between the slide blocks is a minimum rigid so that the gap does not decrease if there is a slight twist (like take the housing by hand and turn it a little during installation). 

In pj, an image that shows an engine case (not mine because not yet sized) with a rigid end cap that goes into the rail to serve as a guide.

rail_et_carter_moteur.png

D'acc I understood

I go under my tepee and I think about it and if the white smoke comes out it's because I have an idea.

A+ in the morning

Well here is the result!

I arrive at 38 mm without too much difficulty, taking into account the constraints of your red part.

It is possible to do better but by modifying the red part (plain crankcase. sldprt) anyway if I have understood correctly what the part is used for we can make it stronger and more reliable.
If I can modify the interior without modifying the exterior we can do much better and with a few mm wider for the spacing.

You will also see how to make the ball in the screw, which makes you have a single piece with simple machining and simple assembly. Remember, the cam is reversible, it spreads the cams  and locks or brings them together, which unlocks and makes it easy to disassemble later.

Beware of the collision between the pieces , which explains the recesses I made in the part that you called "ball block" and that I named "retractor piece."

As we don't have the same version : the best thing is that it sends you in parasolid format which should normally  allow us to free ourselves from different versions (I'm in 2019)

Our colleagues will confirm the best  parasolid or other option.

Kind regards

PS: Be careful, your sketch to make the groove with angle is wrong as you did it, it will draw an ellipse and not a cylindrical bore. The sketch should be perpendicular to the axis of the bore.

coulisse_conique_v2.jpg
5 Likes

Hello 

First of all, thank you for the time spent, frankly great solution for your information, the inside of the room is modifiable without any limit, I just drew it like that to see the inside (just to tinker with a solution more easily). The only thing that is already sized and cannot be changed is the outer outline of the red part. It was then planned to make it more rigid and to add a slot for a bolt or other in the empty part to tighten a screw from below to better fix the assembly.

On the other hand, the file sent is a .jpg so I can't open it on solidworks. 

Good evening

Just click on the file and it opens, Windows will offer you several tips.

So that you can see all the possibilities, I attach a file to the parasolid forma.

Load it into solidworks and accept when it offers you the recognition of functions.

If it works I will send you all the coins and the ASM so that you will have all the odds.

You'll see I've solidified the red piece and don't be surprised because for the assembly you just have to put the two sliding pieces head to toe in the square hole. Then when you put the ball screw they can no longer come out (practical for assembly and transport). But can deviate, etc....

Kind regards

Kind regards

carter_uni_zz.x_t
1 Like

Hello 

It works well for the file in parasolid version but not in jpg. Could you send me the other parts so that I can make the last modifications?

Thank you again for your time spent

hey wooala!

Kind regards

PS: for the JPG, do not open it with Solidworks but with one of the software offered by Windows. You put the file on your desktop for example and you double click on it and that's it (well normally because I use it so much that I don't ask myself the question anymore).  hihihi!

coinceur_3_piece.zip
1 Like

Thank you very much I have everything (on the other hand for the jpg it still doesn't work but it doesn't matter). Thanks again to you

Gloupsss that's weird I join the image

who can confirm that this opens normally  please

coulisse_conique_v2.jpg

On the other hand, would there be a way to have the parts with the construction phases because there I only have an imported block and impossible to see the steps to create the parts 

arbre.png

It's up to you to make a recognition of function

It will allow you to understand the realization of the said part

@+

PS @ Zozo............ that I salute ;-)

your image goes well even on my phone ;-)

1 Like

that's what I did but it doesn't recognize everything (especially the pocket at an angle on the piece and I don't know how it was made since the shape is not just a circle 

Hello

The jpg file opens correctly for me Zozo_mp.

1 Like

@ Rim-b    Thank you ;-)

@Alexandre what you call the slanted pocket is a bore combined with a material removal (or a hole inclined at 29°) -   (see the image of the sketch)

coulisse_conique_-_esquisse_alesage_incline_.jpg
1 Like