Mass Stressed Part Design (Assembly and Part)

Hello

I should do the design of parts in Inventor with a constraint concerning the weight of the part or part of the part.

I know how to calculate the weight and the center of mass of the part, but how do I for example force the aluminum part to have 1kg and that the software calculates the last dimension to get there?

I'd also like to know how to tune the center of gravity with a set of different parts.

Thanks in advance!

Hello

In my opinion, you have to establish a series of relationships with odds to be able to do this.

You create a "WEIGHT" parameter and then with the relationships, the part will regenerate as desired

Hello

If only one dimension can be changed, then it is enough to take 2 measurements of this dimension arbitrarily, for example 100 and 200 mm, then obtain the weight of each one, and draw the curve.

We can know the value of the curve for 1 kg.

For the center of gravity, if the goal is to display the center of gravity of each part in an assembly, there is no other solution than to create a point in each part and display it in the assembly.

To view the CDG:

Can the coordinates of the center of gravity be displayed ?

There are three different methods for displaying the exact coordinates of the center of gravity.

• Set the Select filter to Feature Priority or Select Faces and Edges, hover over the sphere's center of gravity symbol, and highlight the sphere with the Select Other command. The coordinates are displayed when you hover over the highlighted sphere.
  • Select Measure Distance, place the cursor over the construction point, and highlight it with the Select Other command. Once the construction point is selected, the coordinates are displayed in the Measure dialog box.
  • Go to the iProperties dialog box > the Physics tab and update the physical properties from the context menu.

Thank you for your answers.

But I must admit that I didn't understand much, sorry.

This is the 1st time I have worked with the masses. I'm trying to understand.

We could start with a simpler one. I figured out how to "manually" balance 1 piece of my set.

Now what I wanted to do to continue is to know how to do this automatically. For example, if I change a length, the software recalculates my center of gravity and automatically readapts the counterweight on the other side so as to keep my center of gravity in the same location.

I don't know if I explain myself well. it's not obvious by message,

Do you know any tutorials on this kind of work? I couldn't find any.

Thanks for everything

You can look here if this can help ---> https://youtu.be/Scc0uEEau3w