Designing a Relief/Spiral

Hi, here's my result!

With Visualize!; )

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @ guillaume

can you post your piece please 

Have you simply pumped or tried another walkthrough?

@+ ;-)

Hello!: )

I tried a more offbeat shape on the basic sketch. But I had blockages that made me retrace my steps. I just tried a spherical shape, but twisting creates problems.

I discovered the twisting, the coordination system, intersection, removal of matter and moving the face!^^For the coordination system, I don't understand yet why it must be present. I have difficulties with the displacement of the faces of the sweep.

When I want to change the basic shape, they growl!^^

As far as I can see,  the coordination system allows an application perpendicular to Z on the segment, to the two planes of adjustment of the torsion function.  

The objective is to be able to "texture" the different shape of the room as I wish.

The ideal is to be able to modulate my basic shape with a lot of freedom, a method that can be adjusted to a non-radial shape... that kind of thing!^^

There is a second notion that escapes me, it is the 1 mm boss. Pk 1mm and not the total height? I will look for information on the subject. : )

vase.sldprt

Is the 1 mm there to simply smooth the surface of the base?

1 Like

Hello

No, the 1mm allows you to merge all the bodies of the repetition and the symmetry, it's a phantom function that only allows you to avoid having the software lag for the next function (intersections), the calculations are faster when there are only 2 bodies.

If you change the scan profile, you need to update the references of the following functions, which must  surely be based on the same sketch.

The coordination system is only  used for the torsion function, it allows the function to be aligned with the origin of the workpiece, and not the center of gravity of the workpiece used in the function. I have specified only the Z axis for the system, because it is the reference axis for the torsion function.

Keep looking, you should be able to make your piece, you ask yourself the right questions.

Have a nice day

vase.sldprt
2 Likes

Thank you; )