Non-Visible Derivative Configuration - Solidworks 2017 SP 5.0

I have problems with some assemblies.

The derived configurations are there and functional, but they don't appear in the "configure component" table (for example), they are simply not visible.

capture.jpg

Hello

I'm in SW2017 SP4, I've never had this problem.

Do you do extra things for files that don't have access to the subconfig?

Bug 2017 SP5?

CDLT

No, we don't do anything special. What's weird is that it doesn't happen on all assemblies / parts and we can't see what the difference is between those that "work" and the others...
We suspect a "checkbox" in settings somewhere, but impossible to find.

Have you tried a reconstruction of the assembly (Ctrl B or Ctrl Q)?

Or the option to rebuild all configurations?

Rebuild all configurations

Do you have a small assembly with this bug to attach?

I was able to simplify the assembly by erasing all the contents and replacing it with a new single part. The bug is still there (right click on the part -> "configure component" -> the configs derived from the assembly are not visible, see screenshot).

I specify that if I create a new assembly with new subcategories there is a good chance that it will work correctly. The key is to know why this assembly(s)  does not "work", because even if you make a copy the bug remains, so they would have to be recreated from scratch and often they are "big assemblies".

The zip contains: 1 piece / 1 piece assembly / 1 screenshot

assemblage.zip

I'm looking at tomorrow.

Have a good end of the day

Hello

With a load in SW2019 SP4, without changing anything, everything works as it should:

Let's see what it looks like in SW2017 SP4.0 with yannick.petit.

Kind regards

It may be a SW SP5.0 bug then, but it is not reproducible because we don't know the source of the problem (SW version when creating the assembly, workstation configuration, ...) ...
But at least we know that it's not in a "hidden" parameter of the assembly.

Hello

Quite surprising behavior... Opening the file on a 2017 SP5, everything is fine. Have you tried restoring SolidWorks to factory defaults to see if the problem is also present?

test_affichage_configuration.jpg

This problem is the same on all workstations, even on the recently installed ones (I have a new Win10 workstation recently; it's not the version of windows because I already had this problem before),

For the moment the only solution is to :

• Create a new assembly
  • Import the original "defective" assembly
  • Breaking down the "defective" assembly
  • Recreate the configurations

There it works properly, we recover the parts and the constraints, but it's still a bit annoying depending on the number of configurations...

Hello

Everything works correctly on my SW2017 SP4 workstation.

Do you have a solidworks maintenance contract?

I had a bug on the sheet metal for all positions. Dassault R&D sent me a hotfix to solve my problem.

If you don't have a lot of CAD workstations, you can reset your solidworks settings as specified by Klo on all your workstations.

Close solidworks

Go to regedit (start, run regedit) and then rename:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\SolidWorksXXX

See link for more details:

https://www.logiciel-cao.com/blog/entries/view/slug/reinitialiser-ses-parametres-de-solidworks

CDLT

1 Like