Cascading Configuration Manager

Hello
Is it possible to have a cascading effect with configuration manager?

Clearly, I have components that are modeled with configuration manager. I need to make 2 assemblies that use these components. I would like, by entering a distance in the assembly (either via a dialog box or via a dimension to be modified), that the components adjust.

Do you think this is possible? Is Configuration Manager the right way? How else would you do it?

Could you put a screenshot of your steps, and the Configuration Manager menu?

I want to but for the moment, the parameterized components are profiles, so there is only the length.

In terms of assembly, for the moment, there is nothing since I am trying to create it.

so it's from a "PRT Const.Soudée"

insert it into 2 different ASMs (with different names)

And in Each ASM vary 1 odds.

to see what others offer, if there is a function that I didn't know,

There would already be 2 possible methods:

or try to go for the "Multi-ASM External Reference" (with a special system option) but it may be tricky to implement.

or start (if the dimension to be changed is known, and always the same) on a PRT prepared with configs by excel (example of a PRT with 2 posts that a distance, we create the configs of the distances that we will have to use, and we anticipate the future needs, i.e. center distance 1000, 1100, 1200,... 4000)

2 Likes

I pretty much understand your explanation. I'll have to test, especially the external ref multi-asm option.

My problems:
- lower the dimension from the general assembly (the final installation), knowing that the parts are in 2 sub-assemblies;
- the dimensions are not predictable;

and so stupidly your pieces that are changing

are created up to the plan

in this case it is sufficient to move the planes

if I understood the problem correctly

@+ ;-)

1 Like

for the "Multi-ASM External Reference"

it's better to take into account one thing, i.e. not to create links from a PRT to 10,000 different ASMs!

if it's for a few ASMs, it's fine, you have to try with this method

(I don't master it 100%, not having needed it).

Important reminder: the default for this setting is OFF! so working with it means putting it in a particular context for the SW settings, so not widespread, you shouldn't say "it must be by default on ON".

I don't know if you should do it for every PC, maybe it's better:

System Options / External References / Allow Multiple Contexts... ONE

to be tested later...

2 Likes

I validated the answer without having been able to test, the customer decided to simplify things by using DriveWorks

A small photo to illustrate the result? if not too confidential

and if not in terms of the settings of the "Multiple External Ref." function, was it simple? not too complicated to do?

ah, I had also thought of DriveWorks... but it's an add-on

No image for the moment but it's just a series of conveyors that intersect.

In fact, as a result (we didn't have driveworks), we didn't test, we "just" did the "basic" modeling (mechanical design) and it's the customer who takes care of the configuration.