Configuration: BOM Option: PROMOTE

In the "Configuration Properties" of an Assembly, then "BOM Options"

Someone, what is the purpose of the PROMOTE checkmark?

I can see what the SHOW and HIDE checkmarks are for, but not the latter.

2014_06_17_nomenclature_promouvoir.png

You looked in the help I guess:

"Promote

Disbands the subassembly into the BOM and shows its child components, even if the BOM Type wants them to be displayed normally. For example, a first-level only BOM typically lists the subassembly, but not its child components. If Promote is selected, the child components are listed, but not the subassembly."

http://help.solidworks.com/2010/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/AllContent/SolidWorks/Core/Configuration/HIDD_NEW_ADD_CONFIG.htm

2 Likes

Benoit said it all!

Nothing to add;)

1 Like

I hadn't proven in the help.....
Now I have to re-test with this checkmark because I don't have the impression that it doesn't work via "smartbom"

I redid the test (since SW 2012 and mycadtools 2012):

indeed it doesn't seem to work via smartBOM but it works from a SolidWorks drawing BOM table.

2014-06-17_promouvoir.docx

Hotline!

1 Like

Hello

I tried several times to use this option (2012 version), I quickly gave up, nothing was going as planned, I think that this function is not at all successful in solidworks. From experience, I don't recommend touching the "show", "hide" and "promote" buttons because after that it's very difficult to go back.

1 Like

In SolidWorks 2014:

• The option works in a SolidWorks BOM
  • under SmartBOM the option is not taken into account but I made a request to evolve the utility.