PC configuration for optimization of solidworks and epdm use

Hello

We have just bought again for our design office

I wanted to know if there were any windows settings to configure to have optimal use of solidworks and epdm

Thank you

Hello

No, nothing special. Are there any particular problems?

It's all here:

http://www.axemble.com/store/fr/materiel/stations-cao.html

Well if there are points to respect because Axemble sent me a small document of points to respect for the use of solos taken especially for a pc with 16GB. Of ram you have to configure the virtual memory greater than 24GB

Then it is preferable to have a separate partition of the system to install the SolideWorks Data source documents

for the Doc reference using those of p c is good but having them on this new partition c is better 

But here he is talking about Windows settings and not hardware (since he has already bought the stations), am I deceiving him? 

@PL virtual memory is a setting, and creating a partition on a hard drive is also done after purchase!!

Hello

Thank you for your answers

Indeed I am talking about windows settings to increase the performance of the working statios.

Because even with 32 gigabytes of ram and SSD hard drive it doesn't work at the top

We have the impression that after 8 or 10 gigoa of ram use solidworks saturated

I was told about adjusting the virtual memory but I don't know what to put as a parameter 

Thank you

@ogaillard

it is recommended to set the virtual memory to 24000MB for the minimum size and 32000MB for the Maxi

On mine I put 32000 mini and 48000 max, because in the parameters of use I was already at 24000 used 

then as I have several hard disks I activated the virtual memory only on the SSD.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, we are testing with the increase in virtual memory