Symmetrical room configuration

Hello

Here's my problem:

I made a symmetrical part in my assembly and wanting several configurations of this assembly I made configurations of the part.

On the other hand, when I configure my assembly, the symmetrical part does not configure.

How to do it?

Thanks in advance:)

Hello, I think you will have to reissue the symmetrical piece each time,

With a control+Q it doesn't work?

2 Likes

I can go to my symmetrical room, but I can't set it up.

Sorry but what is control+Q for?

Hello

CTRL+Q  performs a complete reconstruction of all functions of the part or assembly.

EDIT: as for the problem of the symmetrical part, it is preferable, once the symmetrical part has been created by configuration of the original part, to remove the function that was used to create it in the assembly and to reimport the said part a second time, if you need the 2 configs at the same time, but in the symmetric configuration.

I hope I have been clear...???

1 Like

Thanks, I did but it didn't help

EDIT: I didn't create my symmetrical part by configuration, I simply used the "symmetrical components" function in my assembly.

1 Like

Here is the file, it will be simpler

2-1506041659a.sldasm

sorry, I can't open the file, I'm in SW2014 for my part.

I'll show you with a picture then, the 2 pieces on the right are symmetries of the pieces on the left.

assemblage_plateau.png

Hello

It seems to me that symmetric components create derivative configurations or configurations.

So you have to create the symmetrical components for each configuration...

Edit:

To be sure, open the symmetrical part and look at the construction tree and the configuration of it (to be put in a screenshot here).

Otherwise, you have to create a part outside the assembly.

1 Like

I finally created the symmetrical pieces myself, it was easier.

When I was in my symmetrical parts, the configurations of the original part appeared well but when I changed the configuration the part did not change.

Had you tried to close the assembly and then reopen it? To make sure that these are not update problems?

Yes, but it didn't change anything