Configure original part with its symmetrical part

Hello, someone knows how to make from an original part, composed of several functions, a configuration of this part so that this new configuration is the original symmetrical part. Thank you very much.

Hello 

See if my tutorial, if I understood what you want to do...

1 Like

There may be another method now, because I made this tutorial more than two years ago...

Yes, thank you, it's really a method that worked. The assembly used to make the configuration should not be saved?

No need but to open the part and save it after creating symmetry in the assembly.

I tried on another project, the first part worked without problem but not the next one. Here it is a car-port upright symmetrical in the assembly with a plane in the center of it. However, in the part, the configuration is shifted as if the symmetry in the assembly had been achieved with a plane other than the one chosen. 

configuration_symetrie.sldasm

I'm sorry but I can't open your asm because I'm under 2016 but normally if you did everything like the 1st time; I don't see why it doesn't work anymore. 

No worries, I'll look into it later. Thank you again for the information, it helped me a lot.