External reference conflicts

Hello

I don't understand where I should do it wrong, or do or not do something ...

I make assemblies and sometimes I edit in the assemblage, I also import pieces from a library.

Then sometimes I make take-home compositions to make another version, without breaking everything or starting from scratch by taking care to rename my pieces corresponding to the version.

But a bug occurs without warning me at times, and I can no longer edit in the context because some references are retrieved I don't know where ... Does anyone know why and how to remedy this.

The only method I found is to skip the references on my part that is causing problems, but despite this, the problem resurfaces sooner or later ...

I'm in V 2020 SP2

:/

Hello Fab camp

I don't know if it's the same phenomenon as you. But what I have noticed is that publishing in the crazy context is regularly swarming. He loses his ties. This gives the impression that the file is corrupted. In addition, he sometimes loses the equations or rather he tells me that he can't find them anymore. And the only solution is to redo the part if you don't want to have an ad vitam error message. When I say equation, it's a big word, it's when we simply say that the B rating is the A /2 rating.

So I open the sub-assemblies to make the modifications and I don't make any more modifications directly in the ASM master. As a result, the PB no longer appears.  As a precaution, I do the same thing in the sub-ASM. I'm in 2019 SP5.

Kind regards

Hello Zozo thank you for your answer, indeed in 2019 the same thing was also happening to me, but pressed for time I didn't look for an answer and I was getting by by system D. Regarding the equations, I will admit that I haven't encountered any errors on this side, I do less at the moment but at one time it was my cup of tea ... ;p 

I've tried not to edit in the context but sometimes, you have to do it for precise cuts etc ... otherwise you tell me that you don't make changes in the ASS Master, so I understand that you don't have the same problem when making a change in the context of a subassembly?

Because for my part it's a unique assembly, I don't have any other sub-assembly in this 3D

Cdt.

In addition, surprisingly, I edit in the assembly, I manage to modify a part, constrain my points or other with an edge of another part of the assembly... and the magic ... without leaving this sketch, all of a sudden, he can no longer hang on to anything.... And then the engineers of dassaut come to be surprised that I fart by insulting them in the message box on the box after a crash .... Before making us one version per year, full of as many new functions as bugs, let's start by making a stable version that really saves us time... as I say, some are really engineers, others are InHénieurs, they didn't take the engineering option... ^^

We deliberately limit external references with us: we use them ONLY for virtual parts contained in an assembly.

It should be noted that SW often does not like external references to multiple assemblies (there is an option to do this blocking and limit external references to a single assembly).

Problems often come when you edit a part in the context of an assembly that is itself edited in the context: your external references then point to the last level assembly and then it blocks.

So you need rigor: edit a sketch / function only in the first level assembly and not in an assembly of the top level.

Afterwards, as we make copies of copies of copies, there comes a time when SW gets caught in the carpet and sends the external references back to one of the previous assemblies. It happens but not that frequently (1/100 maybe).