Leave not complete with the dedicated function, possible?

Hi all

For the sake of saving time, a question is on my mind.

Does the leave function have the property of making a non-complete leave (which stops at a plan or a sketch), without having to go through sketches and a scan function?

In my example in the photo, I have to make a fillet of radius 4mm on the red edge but it stops at 8.5mm from the underside.

I hope I have been clear enough for you to tell me if it is possible:)

lame_poin_x2_00e7_x0_on_4.png

Hello

If you create a break in your edge at 8.5mm (for example by creating a dividing line on the front side) you can do what you say by unchecking the "follow the tangance" option of the fillet function!

@+

PS: I can attach a screen print if you need

EDIT: FALSE I answered without testing but after testing my idea doesn't work

1 Like

Hello

Possibly by splitting your room according to your plan or sketch. Then take your leave and merge it all again.

3 Likes

It is necessary to go through an elevation of matter via scanning 

Draw a line of the desired length sketch 1

Draw Sketch Section 2

and elevation via swipe

@+

1 Like

Hello

One possible solution is to use a fillet with a variable radius and set the value to 0 :

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/r_Variable_Size_Fillet.htm

Otherwise, a solution here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTGkpAXPJqU

Another one here:

https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/87415

Thank you for your quick answers!

So there would be no way to do this within the fillet function, a bit like with a removal of material that can be stopped at a vertex or a position defined by a distance or a plane?

I also adapted the Coyote technique, it works for me.
Make a sketch of a material removal with a thin function of a few microns (yes it's not clean it's true), then a leave function without following the tangeance;  

but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem to know if it's only possible in the leave function (without any other function) with a "magic option" that only the pros know!

I'll test it right away .PL.

Thank you!

Yes I didn't tick @ .PL  but the variable fillet technique necessarily creates a difference in radius downwards? The fillet is therefore not constant up to 8.5mm, and I have the impression that I have no way to impose on the function a position where to stop it.

But I may be wrong knowing that I don't often use variable leave.

you can try what you want 

you need a guide for congee on SW to stop a leave

so either you cut your piece

or you create a guide via a sketch and elevation of the material by scanning

(my previous answer).. ;-)

I tested and tried with colleagues and it's the only walkthrough we found!

3 Likes

Yes, it's a shame that we can't do it directly in the leave function as a result.

It would be a way to improve on the software side.

Anyway, thank you again to you;)

1 Like

it's not really useful to the majority of users either

There are so many other things to improve on the log in his core job

@+ ;-)