Know the number of objects selected in the creation tree

Hi all

I would like to know if there is a possibility to know the number of objects selected in the creation tree, to know the quantity.

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Impossible as far as I know, maybe a macro could do it, but with the selection enabled, it seems complicated.

2 Likes

Otherwise, by using the mechanical-welding module (multi-body), SolidWorks manages the quantity of identical bodies and groups them in the same ^me folder.

1 Like

My request is for screws, and to accentuate the thing it is not toolbox that was used.

Hello

In your assembly, go to "evaluate" and then to "visualization of the assembly" (the loading can be a bit long if your assembly is large) and there it gives you the number of occurrences of the same element without having to make a selection in the creation tree.

Otherwise you can always insert a nomenclature in your 3D to see the quantities.

capture.jpg
7 Likes

Hello 

Are you in an assembly? If yes then  done =>tool / vusualization of the assembly and there you can see your quantities.

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

If you select your objects, they are theoretically in blue in the Feature Manager

so you create a folder to select and insert all the said selections

This will allow you not to lose any of your selections and will help to count them

if it is for 

@+

1 Like

Or a roundabout method that can work (we could make a macro out of it):

After selecting the items, click Invert SelectionTool_Filter_Invert_Selection_Filter.gif (Selection Filter toolbar) or Tools > Invert Selection, delete or hide items, and create a bill of materials with the total:

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_displaying_sum_column_cells.htm

We can image a mcaro that creates a temporary configuration that we delete at the end.

1 Like

Thank you to TICTIC and OBI WAN for your answers that will make my life easier, the problem is that we can attribute only one best answer and by order it was TicTic Jedi master.

2 Likes

Hello

Sorry I misunderstood the question!