Contact between two Catia parts

Hi all

As part of a modeling for a project, I have to model two blocks that are in contact on a line initially and then are in contact on the entire surface. I apply a force on one side of the block to rotate a block so that then the two blocks have one face in contact.

However, using a general analysis connection and then a contact connection property, the block on which I apply the force does not move. 

What I would like is for the blocks not to interpenetrate each other when they come into contact with each other. 

I'm giving you a screenshot of the template as an attachment so you can see how it's done basically.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Thibault

contact_surfaces_catia.jpg

Hello

Could you be a little more specific about your blocking conditions? On the side of the block that is supposed to be moved, it looks like there is a recess. In this case, it would be normal for him not to move.

On the other hand, what is the purpose of this calculation? Is a finite element model really necessary?

Note that apart from a few specific modules, finite element analyses only work for small displacements. The direction of the force will not remain perpendicular to the face, ...

Hello, Thibault,

In your assembly is it really two diferent parts?

Only one recessed connection is sufficient per (solid).

you can't have a slide and a recessed connection

Remove your slide link on the moving block

If you have a hook and a force that pushes it will turn there is no need to add anything else

How much force did you use to push?

Force density?