Contouring with SolidCam

Hello

I have to cut a round in a 1 mm plate with a cnc, I would like to be able to put 3 attachment points so that the round holds during the cutting.

How can I do this? 2.5 D or 3D cutting? I tried but I can't because I'm new to Solidcam

If someone can help me by explaining to me step by step what to do.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Hello

Solidcam is not a cutting software but a milling software. If you have a seam stitching software, you just have to make your round, and when programming, there is a micro-junction option that does that.

Thank you, what programming software do you think?

in fact I create a part with Solidworks (then made in 3D printing) and from this part I extract a shape to make another part in CNC machining, the two are then assembled, so logically and to save time I would have preferred to use Solidcam which is integrated with SW.

I put round in my message to simplify

Thank you

Oh okay, so I think we should draw the "round" part with a frame that fixes it in 3 pts for printing. As the question is being asked, I thought you were cutting a disc out of a millimetre-thick sheet of metal.

Yes that's exactly it, I added 3 small triangles on the outline of the shape , the problem is that I can't set the contouring and make the Z go up to the level of the attachment points.

Thank you

By rereading your answer, I confirm that the extracted shape is machined unprinted.

To give you more details, I make a 3D printed bezel and the glass that mounts on it is machined, so it is the extracted shape that corresponds to the shape of the glass.