Constraining a sketch for motion simulation in catia

Hello

At work, I have to do a motion study and we don't have the cutscene module of catia so I try to do it in sketch.

It works except for the light between the blue and purple cam. The purple cam drives the blue cam so the movement of the blue cam must be limited by the length of the light of the purple cam, but I can't find an adequate constraint to make this contact which must be on one side or the other side of this light depending on the position of the purple cam.

Do you have an idea?

systeme_de_came.jpg
1 Like

Hello, in Solidworks there is the possibility to do an advanced distance limit constraint, I think Catia has something equivalent.

1 Like

Hello

In the sketch I don't think there is a solution. In general, with the basic modules it doesn't seem obvious.

It may be necessary to try assembly rather by activating the consideration of constraints and the detection of collision during movement. But I'm afraid that it will block the movement when the parts come into contact instead of dragging the part along.

1 Like

Hello

Thank you for your answers but I also think that there is no solution in sketch, I asked because there may have been a trick that I didn't know.

in assembly skeleton it must do it

See this link

http://catiav5.forumactif.org/t244-squelette-d-assemblage-mode-d-emploi#1352

@+

1 Like

By constraining the center of the blue circle with the gray axis of the purple piece, it doesn't work?

The coincidence stresses take into account the axis as an infinite element and therefore do not stop at the ends of the segment. This will not force the circle to stop at the ends of the oblong.

1 Like

Hello.

You may be able to get out of it by taking the PB upside down with the constraint animation see video attached.

animation.mp4

Thank you all for your  answers, I will try the different options and you will keep you informed.