Stress spherical portion in spherical portion

Good evening

I'm working on SW 2019

I can't constrain two spherical solids. In fact, you have to imagine a marble in a spherical cup. I would like to force the 2 spheres to be in contact. But I don't know how to do it.

In the attachment, you can see what I have. Perhaps it is clearer in images.

Would you please help me?

Lolo

capture_decran_2021-08-04_1324407.png
1 Like

Hello, it is possible to:

• Select the faces > tangent stress (right-click > reverse the alignment if necessary). 
  • Select the two centers (sketch points for example) > coincident constraint. 

3 Likes

Thank you for this answer.

Ok for the first point (tangency).

On the other hand, for the second, it doesn't seem possible to me, because the 2 spheres don't have the same diameter.

And by the way, how do you select a sketch point to constrain two pieces? I've never done that.

By simply selecting the sketch entities (points, lines...) and then constraint, but first these sketches must be visible

1. From the parts tree, click on sketch > show (small eye). 
  2. Also from the interface (visibility control > show sketches. or view > hide show > sketches). 
3 Likes

Hello

Otherwise you can display the temporary axes (by clicking on the eye and then the gray line) and constrain your parts in this way.

4 Likes

The tangency proposed by Lynk is the logical constraint and works very well.

Attached is an ex in SW2017 (the documents are contained in the asm).

sphere_tangente.sldasm
4 Likes

Hello

You can actually use the temporary axes for the normal orientation to the sphere and then a tangency constraint.

Kind regards

sphere-sphere.zip
8 Likes

Thank you all for your help, your advice, your examples.

I was able to test your suggestions today.

It allowed me to understand what was not working.

And I even concluded that I had to change my design.

Thank you again to all. It's great here!!

3 Likes