Constraints that jump between imported components!

Hello

I have assemblies made up of parts imported from STEP. Quite regularly when I open assemblies, the constraints that point to components from a WWTP turn red because these entities are no longer found. I always point to the same rooms. The phenomenon is not repeatable, it happens roughly 1 in 2 openings.

To put it in context, I've been a SW user for several years, but I just changed companies and are just switching to SolidWorks. I had never had this kind of problem before (it must be said that I had an excellent administrator in the person of Flegendre...).

If you could help me.

Thank you in advance.

benoit.lf

Hello

it can be a problem of rebuilding your STEP.

Is it "healthy"? No reconstruction problem?

I've already had this phenomenon and it came partly from that.

The situation is improved by upgrading SW.

Otherwise a technique not yet tested but recommended, working with parasolid as an exchange file.

Yours truly,

S4KUj0

1 Like

The parts of my assemblies are most of the time clean. The last example where I had this phenomenon, it was without flaws.

Regarding the update, I'm in 2013 SP4.

And for the type of exchange file I'm a STEP or IGES (no export license .x_t on the old 3D software)

Hello

As @s4kuj0 said, the problem does not come from the parts of the assembly but from the WWTP!

It is therefore necessary to check with the command "import diagnostic" or tools/check that there are no defective faces that are recalculated when certain openings.

@+

2 Likes

Ok, if you can't change the file source and your last file is healthy, there's no solution.

Have you heard of FormatWorks Professional?

It is a bidirectional translator.

Personally, I find it quite expensive for what it is.

But still cheaper than a Catia license.

It's your solution but without guarantee.

Indeed, I opened a few rooms on which the constraints were jumping. In the Feature Manager, there were no errors on the body functions, but in the diagnostic function it appeared in yellow. But some parts that cause problems do not have errors even in the diagnostic tool!

As for the quality of the STEP, I get the data from SolidDesigner!

Hello

I have the same problem with step files. Even with a diagnosis where there is no error. The best solution I have found to prevent the constraints from turning red is not to rely on the faces of the part but on the original drawings to put the constraints.

Alternative

Use the step to set up all the elements and then lock the external relations.

If there is a change in the dimension, unlock the relationships and see if they have turned red.

In any case, it is always necessary to limit external relations.

Rim-b's solution seems to me the most suitable for my problem. It's sure it's not very elegant, but at least it will be effective.

Thank you for your help.

A +