Surface conversion

Hi all

I got the following CAD:

https://grabcad.com/library/waterbottle-cage

I would like to be able to modify it and especially to have the guidelines, finally the curve that passes in the center so that I can calculate the angles etc. Would you know how to do it?

Because when I click on edit function, it asks me to open another file that I don't have

I attach the file while specifying that it does not belong to me but I assume that putting it on a site like grabcad shows a desire to disseminate.

Thank you for your help

waterbottle_cage.sldprt

Hello

Why not do it yourself?

2 Likes

It's my last solution to do it myself but I have little or no experience in 3D sketch curves

2 Likes

Because of the simplicity of the part, you can create a 3D sketch by snapping it to the centers of the circles that should appear at the junction of the different segments.

From there, you can make measurements.

4 Likes

Hello

At worst you save it in STEP and then you re-open it with featurworks to recognize the functions and you can modify it as you want. I propose this as you are  missing a file. In this way, Featurworks will rebuild the entire part with all functions and sketches.

6 Likes

Thank you

Importing in STEP doesn't give anything with the featureWorks

I drew lines between the faces of each cylinder, that's enough for me for the moment I'll try to move forward like this

Thank you for your help