Converting a sldprt to dxf

Hello

I would like to convert my part file to DXF but I am having a problem. I open my room, I press "save as" and I select the views I want to convert. When I start the conversion  with the single file option, the small window with a black background is displayed but when I validate the small window closes and I come back to the view selection screen nothing happens (no recording), I am forced to select the separate files option.

I don't understand because before I have done conversions to single files without encountering this kind of problem.

I thank in advance anyone who can help me.

Kind regards.

Matthew S.

Hi Cyrille,

I did the test at home and I had no problems.

Is it specific to a file or to any file?

Mickael

Hello

I tried with several files and unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem.

I tried again with the files I had converted a few weeks ago and same problem.

I copied some CAD files to a folder on the desktop and it works again.

CAD files are stored in subfolders named with special characters (1°-, 2°-, ...). I created this tree on the CAD files very recently in order to classify them.

During the first conversions, the files were stored in folders/subfolders without special characters.

Can this affect when recording a conversion? Should the number of characters in folders and subfolders be limited?

Thank you for answers.

Yes, it can have an impact, it is even strongly recommended not to use special characters in folder names or file names, I have already seen folders or files impossible to delete because of their names or the length of their path which was close to 256 characters.

Mick

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the info.

Have a nice day.