Convert imported surfaces to volume functions

Hello everyone, I take the liberty of asking you this question because I am stuck on one of my pieces. 

Indeed, the part that I have to convert into a volume was given to me as an imported surface. Normally, if I'm not mistaken, you have to use function recognition, but when I try to do it, it doesn't give me the desired result. Let me explain. I do the automatic search, this one tells me if I want to continue, I say yes but afterwards, I either get an error message or it doesn't give me the functions I expected. I tried iteratively but not knowing much about it, I can't find how to do it (for what is wondering, I already tried to look on the internet).

I am attaching this famous imported document. Hoping someone can answer me

Kind regards

Design.dept

levier_daf_seul.sldprt

Hello

Normally it is not possible to convert a surface room into volume, the opposite is possible.

So I advise you to ask for a STEP (2014 or 203, 214 is better, if you are asked) of the part.

Just a question are you on which SW version? me it's 2020 SP.4.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards.

A.R.

@+

Thank you for your answer, I'm on the 2017 premium version.

I think I expressed myself badly, my part is an imported part (without volume function, type bossing extrude) and I would like to convert it to these same functions. That is to say, I would like that instead of having "imported" into my tree, I manage to obtain various functions such as a removal of material or a boss, leaves and many other 

Kind regards

Design.dept

image.jpg

Hello Design.dept

Where does this piece come from?

I also tried and despite the conversion to volume (via sewing the surfaces and creating a volume)

Featureworks tells me (the part contains unsupported body operations. Featureworks could not continue)

@+

This piece comes from a foreign company and it has not been working on the same software

Kind regards

and you can't ask for either the original format (know the log) or in parasolid which is the original kernels of SW

@+

1 Like

@ design.dept  it's an import part, it's not surface, it's a volume, if you make a cut, it's full.

@a-r  "Normally it is not possible to convert a surface piece into volume"

if it is feasible but there are conditions to be respected.

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

I prefer OBI WAN's answer, it's already a volume piece.

M.

1 Like