Convert sheet metal parts to solid parts

Hello everyone.

Do you know if it is possible to convert a sheet metal part into a solid part?

Here's why:
I have a custom-bent stainless steel profile that we have been using for years that will be replaced by an extruded aluminium profile.
The exterior profile remains the same but the interior of the new aluminum profile will be ribbed.
As we have thousands of parts to convert/modify, I have planned a slot that would allow us to merge the new profile with the old one and thus keep our stress surfaces for all our assemblies.
But the slot does not work on a sheet metal part.
I tested by making the sheet metal profile in standard volume extrusion and the slot works.

Hence my question about the conversion of a sheet metal part into a solid part.
Or if you have other solutions / leads, I'll take it.

Thank you all...

Hello

Yes it must be possible, can you share your file so I can take a look at it?

Hello @ac_cobra_427
Attached is the TEST TOLERIE part to be converted into a volume
TOLERIE TEST. SLDPRT (159.2 KB)
Thank you for the help :+1:

I'm in 2023, what I should do is select all the functions and right-click and delete except the sketch of the profile

then select the sketch and make an extrusion of 1810

And see what the slot would when you would use it for the fusion of the two profiles?
Which tests have you already tried?
and then really delete the functions and see what it says

Hello @ac_cobra_427
Thank you for the time spent and the quick response.
Effectively, just change the function as above function when the profile remains raw.
But we have holes on all 3 sides:

With several functions:

So when I redo an 1810 extrusion, I don't have to merge it, then recalibrate the sketches of all the functions on the faces of the new volume and define the area of action of the material removal on this new volume.
So, since there is no longer a link between the drilling functions and the sheet metal function, I can delete this function.
That's a lot of handling and time per pole. I thought there was a way to convert a sheet metal function to a standard volume, but apparently it doesn't. Too bad, because otherwise, we would have just had to insert the slot between the sheet metal function and the drilling function so that everything would happen without modifying the sketch and/or other ...

I tested with an extrusion:

I do a resumption of the functions up to the basic extrusion:

I add my slot creating the new profile:

And I restore the piercing functions:

Hello to you,
I think that in any case it will be a bit (too) long in any case.
And in the context of this industrial evolution that you describe, even if it means spending time, could this time not also be used either to create a family of parts with product references, or at least to have a reflection in this direction (past/present/future), data recovery, etc...