Sketch copy?

Hello everyone, I would like to copy a sketch of a document, on another document that is a sheet metal panel.

How do we  proceed, thank you for your answers.

Marco.

Hello

You make an assembly of your two parts then you edit the room in which you want to transfer the sketch and you select the plan where the transfer of the sketch will have to be done; You create a sketch there and then VIUS select the sketch of the other part and VIUS click on Convert entities and the sketch will be copied to the other part.

1 Like

A classic copy and paste doesn't work? You just have to remember to select a flat face/plane in the receiving room before doing the collage.

3 Likes

If a copy paste works but you will have to fix the sketch and it will not follow in case of change of the 1st if there is a modification.

1 Like

See PC, I created an asm with the parts in it; If you edit the sketch of the material removal of part1 and you change the dimension of the sketch and you leave it, it will follow into part2. 

teste.sldasm
2 Likes

Hello @ac cobra 427 (you're forttiche Men)

I can make the modification but I haven't understood  everything about how it works but I see a function that I don't know and could you tell me when to use it and what it's for. This is the "type stress in place" function?

This kind of super clever and above all very practical thing deserves a tutorial with examples of application. Because I don't know if you've noticed but there are a lot of questions about controlling dimensions on different parts. Your solution should solve many problems and make life easier for our colleagues.

Kind regards

PS: in addition you manage to post an ASM with different parts without resorting to the PAck and go and that interests me ;-)

1 Like

In fact you have to create an empty assembly and from there you make a new part and you create your parts in the assembly. This is the principle of multi-body, but in an assembly, when it is registered, it asks you to register the parts in the assembly or outside. As for the material removal, I did it in part 1, then I edited part 2 and I chose the face, then converted the sketch of part 1 and then carried out the material removal on it. The sketches are linked since it is a projection of the one in the piece1.

1 Like

Good evening @ac cobra

Ok understood! it's simple in the end thank you it's good to know

Kind regards

1 Like