Assembly copy

Hello

On Solidworks, how can you copy an assembly? I have two significantly different assemblies to do. After finishing the first one, I wondered if it was possible to have two separate assemblies. So is it possible to have two identical assemblies with each its spare parts?

Thank you in advance

Hello

YES it's possible, the simplest seems to me to be to make a simple save under then you must have a dialog box that asks you what you need to save (in your case all your parts you will have two identical but distinct assemblies on your HD. then you do what you want.

Kind regards

Bastien

Personally, I think about the composition to take with me, from the file menu when the assembly is open.

- You can choose the destination directory.

- It is possible to add a prefix or suffix to each file.

- You can change the name of only some components manually with a double click on the cell (column: Save as name)

- One can change the location of only certain files with a double click on the cell (in the column: Save to folder)

- It is also possible to do automatic selection/deselecting (with the Select/Replace button), so the unchecked components will remain common to both sets, this can be useful for library components, for example you can automatically uncheck all the files in a Bib folder.

Good luck

6 Likes

Ditto, the take-home composition will allow you to save your assembly without any link problems.

You will be able to start from your original assembly to make a second one without any risk of unintentional modifications to your first assembly.

Good luck

1 Like