Object base 3d autocad 2015 rating

Hello

I just created a 3D object in my object space

then in my presentation space I create views in relation to my 3d object at 1/2 scale to make an A3 presentation

1st problem: when I do my dimensioning they are divided by two since I am on the 1/2 scale I would like to have the function with variable that allows me to be able to dimension at the right scale

2nd problem: when I modify my 3D object, my dimensions that are attached to my object do not follow (do I have to install constraints?)

3rd problem: my ratings appear with points of clamation

And finally, is there a better method to make the dimensioning of these 3D object-based view of the object space

1- for the scale apply an inverted value of the scale to DIMSCALE

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadmep/fra/online-help/BLDSYS/2012/FRA/pages/WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-6208.htm

2- if I'm not mistaken, it's normal, you have to hang up the points manually, unless in the 2015 version it's done automatically, but I'd be surprised.

3- I don't know this problem. Too long that I am no longer immersed in autocad.

Finally I think it's the right method to do a MEP.

Don't forget that it's autocad and not a CAD software.

4 Likes

1 - Are the call numbers in the paper space?

2 - How do you make the changes on the 3d object?

3- I don't know

3 Likes

Hello

I agree with sbadenis, autocad is not a CAD software, I did design with Autocad and now from Solidworks I am in heaven. Much simpler for 3D designs and especially for MEPs. A real time saver.

2 Likes

sbadenis, manu67, don't underestimate AutoCAD;)

If Aurélien Autocad is good when it comes to making basic MEPs but not for design or then you should have additional modules provided for this purpose.

Hello be_294,

I'm not a fan of quoting in the paper space, however, it should work.

First, the variable DIMASSOC = 2. This allows you to create associative dimensions. If this is not the case, not all the dimensions already created are created. Either you will have to register them or use the COTREASSOCIER command.

Then, for the quote value, if the call number is well associated, it will indicate the real value of the object. The variable DIMSCALE measured by sbadenis is just a scaling factor for the representation of the odds. The value will not change, however.

Afterwards, if you modify the object later, the rating should follow. You will just have to check the position of the sidelines which will eventually move according to the changes.

A+

Eric

3 Likes