Imported Drill Support Quote

Hello,

I've been looking for a solution to a small problem for a little while, without success:

When I use the "Drilling Assistance" function in the 3D volume, two sketches are created: one with the point locating the feature, and a second automatically generated one containing the profile of the hole. So far, so good. For the second sketch, Solidworks chooses a plan (which is no longer possible to modify later) in a rather random way.

This is where the problem arises, the plane used by Solidworks is not parallel to the view that will be used in the plan, making it impossible to import the objects from the model to this view. Is there a trick or other way to modify the profile plan, or to import these dimensions?

I am attaching an example file. The plan chosen by Solidworks is the YZ. In the drawing, importing the ribs will work on the B-B cut (which is parallel to the YZ plane), but will not work completely on the A-A cut.

piece1.zip

Hello

I did the exercise and got the piercing designation.

Did you check correctly (Location of the drilling assistant) and (Symbol for drilling)

See attached image

Be careful though, I noticed that you use a derivative of the ISO standard. But it is not complete. There is a lack of a rating model and something else. (Wouldn't it be derived from an older version?)

piece1.png
1 Like

Hello

Indeed, this import works, but this way of quoting is not standardized... For the clarity of the plan, it is also better to rate the holes on a view where their projection is rectangular. Its second flaw is that it does not include all the tolerances inserted in the 3D.

I'm looking for the import of the "Piercing Assistance Profile", not the "Piercing Symbol". It is this one that is causing concern.
The import I'm trying to do is the same as this one, but on view A-A:

For the ISO model, it dates back a long time, it was even my predecessor who did it. I would indeed have to put myself on it one of these days, but it's the kind of exercise I haven't had to do yet.

1 Like

Hello

Like you, I had a config that had existed for several versions.

When I moved on to 2019, I had to start from a new one to redo it entirely.

There were a multitude of small problems and inconsistencies, not necessarily annoying but which still existed.

The most disturbing thing was that 2 computers did not give or appear in the same way while the actions were identical.

As I told you, it seems to me that several scoring models, profile and other basic parameters are missing or not complete.

Redo your config and take the opportunity to rethink it, there are surely things to improve. Something I had done and imposed on everyone, which caused a lot of criticism at first, but now everyone is happy with the changes.

I think you should find your little ones.

Good luck because I know it's a long time to do

1 Like